Sunday, 8 February 2009

Catching Up

Ok, so as predicted I'm not so good at writing on this regularly. Part of the reason for this is that I'm not quite sure why I am doing it. At the moment no-one is reading it, it's just for me to vent on I guess.

So a quick catch up - what's been happening...in no particular order.

Blast from the past...
I have been thinking a lot about my ex lately. The fact he is an ex is all my fault and I have always acknowledged that is the case. I think maybe his reaction to me kissing another man was a bit extreme but it was his prerogative and I was in the wrong.  Anyway, I have a look on Facebook for him every so often and recently had a look for his sister as well (not in a stalker type way I'd like to point out). Well his sister was on there so I decided to send her a message. Fairly bland, how are you, I've been thinking about him, hope he is well after all these years.  The answer I received was, well, blunt to say the least. To say she holds a grudge is the understatement of the year. It took me by surprise to be honest. Of course I didn't expect her to welcome me with open arms, I know I hurt her brother but she was just plain nasty.  I hope she is intelligent enough to have told him I made contact so he can make up his own mind but I very much doubt it. Oh well...

Daily grind...
Work has been, umm, different. The boss has gone on holiday for 3 weeks and will then be starting a new job so has basically left leaving the deputy boss as acting boss. His style appears so be the complete opposite of hers and I have to say I think we are all a little apprehensive about what lies in store for us.  He has a real bee in his bonnet about tidying up the office and making in look more professional. Now I have no problem with this however as Office Manager it has fallen to me to try and redesign it. This would be fine, apart from the fact that the goal posts keep being moved. I have no idea how many people I am meant to be trying to accommodate. We have just undergone a review which could lead to us gaining more staff, plus there is at least one unit maybe two who are moving onto our floor. Where am I meant to start?  My partner in moaning is also about to go on leave for 3 weeks so expect more moaning on here to make up for it!

Friends...
I have rediscovered some good friends thanks to Facebook having recently been contacted by a couple of girls I was at secondary school with.  It's interesting to see where they are now and what they have been through to get there. How much we didn't know about each others lives when we were teenagers. How what we have been through has shaped us as people and whether we'd rather not have gone through it but end up as someone else.  How we each remember different things so we are able to piece together things that we had forgotten.  One of them has been going through a really rotten time with another girl from our school days. I hope that I have been supportive and helped along the way and that it has finally come to an end.  She doesn't need or deserve the heartache it has caused her.

Well I think that's enough for now, I am in the middle of attempting to make some cushion covers so I really ought to get back to it. Oh and it's lunchtime and I'm quite peckish. Time for a smackerel of something as a round yellow bear would say!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww how sweet.
    You have indeed been a great support to me. And I am very grateful to you both.
    xxx
    It's good to have friends.

    ReplyDelete