Saturday, 14 February 2009

Productive Day


I've actually been quite productive today, well for me it was productive anyway.  No going out for lunch today as Mum has gone to babysit so my brother can take his wife out tonight as it is both their wedding anniversary and Valentines day (sickening I know!). So, after seeing Mum off at the station (a bit of a role reversal) off I went into town to do a spot of shopping. Managed to stick to what was on the list (just about) and headed back home. Unpacked the shopping, put the kettle on and contemplated the rest of my day.

I have a bad habit of letting weekends pass me by without actually accomplishing anything so I decided to complete something that I started last weekend - making new cushion covers for my sofa.  I bought the fabric (in the form of two king size sheets) weeks ago. Last weekend I cut out the pieces and hand stitched one, only to remember I hadn't bought anything to use as a fastening! Mum bought the sewing machine up yesterday and I bought the velcroe today (no way was I doing zips!). So after a brief fight with the sewing machine, and trying to remember if I did actually learn anything in textiles lesson at school off I went - and to my surprise they don't actually look too bad. I know there is nothing particularly difficult in sewing 2 squares of fabric together and adding a couple of bits of velcroe but I'm impressed!!!

Now all I have to do is work out how to do the seat cushions which are going to involve at least 3 pieces of fabric each. I think I will need my thinking cap for that so it can wait for tomorrow!

Whilst out I also went to the library. I took a convoluted route last night but ended up on the Wikipedia page for Christopher Reeve (AKA Superman). I wasn't aware that he had written a couple of books so I popped in to see if they had them. Luckily for me the first one was sat on the shelf just waiting for me and I have requested the second one. I now intend to spend the rest of the evening (apart from watching Casualty and CSI) reading that and chilling out.

I've just looked out the window to see a lovely sunset sky. Hope the pictures I just took do it justice!


No comments:

Post a Comment